Saturday, September 17, 2016

Chapter Twenty Six

True to his word, Arnav didn't tell his family anything abut Khushi's pregnancy. He did keep watch of Khushi, making sure she took the vitamins her doctor had given her. His only concern now were Payal and her mother. Khushi had a point - if they had killed her father out of greed, and perhaps even jealousy since Khushi was married to him, what would hold them back from trying to kill their unborn child, especially Garima?

"Arnav?"

Arnav snapped out of his thoughts. "Hmm?"

Khushi stood at the doorway of his study and Arnav blinked at her. He knew that she knew he was in thought.

"How long were you standing there?"

"Not long," and she entered the room. "What's wrong?"

Arnav held his hand out and Khushi came around the desk, taking his hand as she sat in his lap. "I'm thinking about what you said to me about Payal and Garima."

Khushi nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I could get rid of them, but then I won't be able to show you off in front of them..."

Khushi cocked her eyebrow at him.

"... and then the family would get suspicious, but then again I don't care."

Khushi chuckled. "Aren't you a pompous one?"

Arnav looked at her and kissed her nose. "Hardly."

"Liar."

Cocking his eyebrow, he shifted in his seat, bringing them to eye level. "Are you questioning your Malik?"

"Are you doubting your Malkeen," she smirked.

Arnav couldn't help the mischievous grin on his face and just as he was about to kiss his wife, there was a knock on the door.

"What," he growled, totally annoyed.

The door opened, revealing Payal with a bucket and a rag. Seeing Khushi in Arnav's lap made her pause and seethe.

"What," Arnav growled again. Seeing her was ruining his mood even more.

"I'm here to clean the room," she said, looking at him.

Arnav waved his hand, not giving a crap and Payal got to her work. Khushi watched her and she noticed Payal try to tug her uniform lower to expose cleavage, and she had to stop herself from scoffing.

Leaning back in his chair, Arnav took Khushi with him, nuzzling into the top of her head with a sigh. "You always smell so fruity."

"Well since you love the smell of green apples so much, I had to stick with it."

Arnav looked down at her. "All for me?"

"Of course." She caressed his cheek. "Anything you for you, my love."

Arnav smiled and gave her a kiss. The kiss was brief however, the two breaking away at the sound of a loud splash. They looked at Payal, who had recoiled from dropping her rag into the dirty soap water.

Arnav's nostrils flared. "If you can't do the job right, you'll be fired."

Payal looked at him with fear, though she tried hard not to. She bowed her head down, bringing her hands into her lap and forcing her breasts together, making Khushi roll her eyes.

"I'm sorry Malik," the girl squeaked.

Arnav rolled his eyes. Getting up, he picked Khushi up with him. Seeing him do that made Payal seethe with jealousy. Walking over to the door, Khushi opened it for Arnav, revealing one of his men at the door.

"Get another maid in here to clean in here," Arnav told the guard. "And from now on, I never want her or her mother to come anywhere near my study nor my room. Is that clear?"

Payal looked at him with shock.

"Yes Malik," the guard answered.

Arnav walked away and Khushi looked at him with confusion.

"Better safe than sorry," Arnav explained.

Khushi pursed her lips and caressed his face. "I'm sorry."

Arnav looked down at her. "There's nothing to be sorry about Khushi. I told you - I won't let anything happen to you or our unborn child. So if I need to take the extra precautions, I will."

Khushi nodded and rested her head on hi shoulder as Arnav took them back to their room. Once inside, Arnav set her down on the bed.

"Is there anything you want," Arnav asked.

Khushi shook her head. "Just a nap. But I'd like to change out of this," she said, looking down at her sari.

She tried to get up, but Arnav stopped her. "I've got it."

Khushi nodded and watched as her husband rummaged through the walk in closet and got out one of her slips.

"I haven't worn these in a while," she said, taking the red slip into her hand.

"It was quite the exciting honeymoon," he grinned.

Khushi couldn't help the small smirk on her face. "Is Malik getting some naughty ideas? He still didn't get a chance to use all of his toys."

Arnav smirked and caressed her cheek. He ran his thumb over her soft lips and Khushi let out a sigh, shutting her eyes. Suddenly her body had jumped to life and she wanted Arnav very much.

Khushi looked into his eyes. "Please," she whispered.

Arnav could see the lust and hunger in her eyes, and he wanted to take his wife right then and there, but he knew better. So he simply placed a kiss on her forehead and stepped back.

"I can't," he simply said.

Khushi's eyes widened. "W-what? W-why not?"

"Khushi, you do remember there's another being inside you, yes?"

Khushi looked down at her flat stomach. "Of course I do-"

"And the doctor advised against sexual activities, at least until your second trimester."

Khushi's eyes widened. "What?"

"So there's..." Arnav's eyes widened. "Five weeks?!"

Khushi's jaw dropped. "Five weeks?!"

Arnav couldn't believe it himself. When they went to the last appointment and Khushi's doctor had told him this, his mind only held onto the five, forgetting weeks. He went over to Khushi's side and laid down beside her, hovering over her stomach. "Why are you punishing me," he asked it.

"Arnav!"

He looked at her with the typical puppy dog look and she couldn't help but to laugh at him.

"That's the last expression I expected to see from you Malik."

'What can I say? You bring out another side in me."

"Oh? I recall you once saying that I was nothing to you-"

"Khushi-"

"It's interesting how I'm able to bring out another side to you," she smirked slyly.

Arnav moved up, hovering over her. "You know that's not true," he nearly whispered.

Khushi blinked up at him with a soft smile. "I know."

Taking her hand in his, Arnav placed soft kisses on it and nuzzled into it. "I can't imagine my life without you Khushi. I just can't."

"I know Arnav, I know," she smiled softly, caressing his cheek.

The two stayed that way for a moment, enjoying the closure they had. Things needed to stay this way, and Arnav would do whatever it took to keep his Khushi and his unborn child safe and happy.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet, this was the first story I read from you, glad it heads to happy ending for a beautiful journey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it...it was great...continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.
    Loved it.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and cute
    Loved it too much
    Arnav will save his baby and Khushi from all troubles
    Waiting for next update eagerly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please reveal at least whether you plan on updating this story or it just ends here without epilogue?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started reading this story 3 years back.Must say long time ,but not even a single chapter disappointed me.Please update faster.it's true how the story proceeded it is lovely, their journey for " nothing " to being " everything " is beautifully described.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started reading this story 3 years back.Must say long time ,but not even a single chapter disappointed me.Please update faster.it's true how the story proceeded it is lovely, their journey for " nothing " to being " everything " is beautifully described.All the best.

    ReplyDelete